For years I would struggle with skincare products, going from one brand to another, hoping each time I would find one that works for my skin. After the initial breakout from using a new product, my skin would look great for a few months. Inevitably my skin would get used to the product or rely on using it and the brands supplementary products to get the best effect. This would result in breakouts or oiliness or blocked pores and I would move on to the next brand. Eventually I grew tired of this and decided to simplify things and only use natural and organic skincare products. I have been doing this for the last 2 years, using the same brand and have no more issues with my skin anymore. Thus, I am a big advocate for brands that use natural, organic ingredients to make products with no harmful chemicals in. Therefore, when Cheyanne from Beautycounter contacted me about testing and reviewing their products I was happy to do it.
Beautycounter is on a mission, one that I can fully appreciate and will most definitely support. This is thebrand for anyone who knows the value of natural beauty, free of toxic chemicals that are in most beauty products. Launched in California in 2013, this brand is aiming to make big changes within federal law of what ingredients are permitted in personal care products. They point out that over the past few decades Europe has made great progress in terms of this problem. The European Union has banned over 1400 chemicals that are used in personal care products, whereas the United States has only partially banned about 30. When you consider that most of these chemicals in the products are known to cause health issues such as asthma, cancer and infertility, you begin to realize the severity of the problem. The founder of Beautycounter believes you deserve better and wants provide people with personal care products that work but without any harmful consequences.
To be clear, not all the products are 100% natural, but all are at least comprised of 80% natural or naturally-derived ingredients. The ingredients in their products that are man-made are all completely safe to use. Their goal is not to be completely natural, but to combine natural and man-made ingredients to create products that are safe for all. I found their products wonderful to use and I would highly recommend the products. For about a month I tested the products to fully experience the results and I would just like to mention that my skin has never looked better. I was also surprised how I didn’t even breakout during the first few days of using the products, as this usually happens when I switch brands. Cheyanne provided me with a number of products to use, but only used those that were specifically for my skin type. Although I was provided with samples ,I was very surprised at how long they lasted. A little goes a very long way with these products, which means that the price is definitely worthwhile.
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar – this product absorbs impurities and detoxifies your skin. It was a super gentle cleansing product and really enjoyed how it left my skin feeling smooth and literally squeaky clean.
- No. 3 Balancing Face Mask – This clay mask helps to purify and balance the skin, while the charcoal minimizes the size of your pores. Apply quickly as it dries fast and starts to flake off if you touch it too much. It left my skin feeling fresh and looking clear and worked great for enlarged or blocked pores.
- No. 3 Balancing Facial Oil – A little of this is all you need after using the mask to soften your skin and promote an even skin tone. Normally when I apply moisturiser or oils at night I get pimples, that didn’t happen once while using this oil.
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator – Made from jojoba beads and coconut oil which cleans out impurities. I liked how gentle this exfoliator was, it was both soothing and cleansing to use without being abrasive on my skin.
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream – This product reduces puffiness around the eyes and helps diminish fine lines. You really only need to use a small amount to get great results, so this product will last.
- Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30 – This sunscreen is lightweight and water resistant. I loved how quickly and easily it blended with my skin, which made it feel like I didn’t have any on.
- Style Sea Salt Spray – This styling spray is long-lasting but lightweight and is suitable for all hair types. It worked really well when I applied it while my hair was wet. I could then style it accordingly into wavy curls. My only problem was that I didn’t like the smell, but it goes away as soon as it dries.
- Lip Conditioner in Calendula – This lip balm both nourishes and protects your lips. It felt great on my lips and left them feeling soft and smooth throughout the day.
- Tint Skin Hydration Foundation – This lightweight foundation actually hydrates and cares for your skin during use. I absolutely loved this foundation, with just a small amount it gave me great coverage and lasted all day.
Feb 2, 2018 at 4:40 pm
I love that these are mainly natural – I’d be super happy if they were 100% but I so get the struggle!
the tinted foundation sounds quite amazing! I’m actually looking for another one… I use maybelline but I’m getting tired of it!
Feb 4, 2018 at 12:58 pm
I also generally prefer 100% natural skincare products, but these were just amazing! It is just great using products that you know are safe. Oh I would definitely recommend trying their tinted foundation – I love it!!
The Fashionable Housewife
Feb 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
I haven’t heard of this brand before but now I’m curious to try it!
Feb 4, 2018 at 1:00 pm
I would highly recommend it Sarah! Their products are all fantastic and I appreciate knowing what I apply to my skin is safe for my health.
Feb 2, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Ugh I have been struggling with breakouts lately- I think it’s time I switch to something more natural. Thank you for the all of the information!
Feb 4, 2018 at 1:01 pm
My pleasure Taylor, I hope you try their products and I can assure you from my experience you won’t struggle with breakouts for long.
Feb 15, 2018 at 7:44 am
Thanks for introducing me to this brand! I am always on the lookout for quality skincare products
Feb 15, 2018 at 3:11 pm
My pleasure! The products are amazing and I am sure you will love them!
Feb 16, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Thanks for the review! A few friends sell it, and I’ve been curious!
Feb 17, 2018 at 11:24 am
My pleasure, you should definitely try it.
Feb 16, 2018 at 5:23 pm
This is a new brand for me which I haven’t heard of. Always nice to get ideas for new products 🙂
Feb 17, 2018 at 11:25 am
Glad I could help introduce you to these safe to use and quality products! 🙂
Feb 21, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Great article! I want to try the rejuvenating eye cream.
Feb 23, 2018 at 10:08 am
Thanks Hannah! Yes, it is lovely. Definitely get some for yourself.
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:12 am
I have tried BC as a friend is a consultant and she knew I was a health advocate. The mission alone is very empowering and inspiring and the products that I tried were great quality.
Mar 24, 2018 at 8:26 pm
So true… I completely support their mission and was very impressed with the products!!
Comments are closed